You may change your air filter every month, but when was the last time you had your HVAC system and air ducts professionally cleaned? Even with the filter, the system can become clogged with dust, pollen, mold, pet dander and other pollutants that all contribute to poor indoor air quality. If you or a family member suffers from allergies or asthma, these conditions can be aggravated with dirty air ducts.
What Is Air Duct Cleaning?
A thorough and professional air duct cleaning is an in-depth process that involves creating negative pressure in your HVAC system to dislodge debris particles and remove them with a high-powered vacuum. It goes beyond cleaning your vents and sticking a couple feet of hose through your air ducts, so beware of companies that offer this service at rock bottom prices as they are not doing a thorough job.
Additional UV light and sanitizing services may be recommended when residents have respiratory illnesses, where there are pets or heavy smoking in the home, or when mold or pests are discovered in the air ducts.
How To Know If You Need Air Duct Cleaning
- Mold is visible anywhere on vents or other exposed parts of ducts/HVAC system
- Air ducts are, or have been, infested with insects or rodents
- Ducts are clogged with dust and debris, or you can see excessive dust in the air when HVAC is running
- You recently remodeled your home where drywall was removed or installed
- Family members with respiratory illnesses are sensitive to dust and pollutants
- Heavy smoking or pets in the home
MN Air Duct Cleaners provides fast, affordable and thorough carpet cleaning, chimney cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, and air duct cleaning services to homeowners throughout the Minneapolis-St.Paul metro area.